Signed, Sealed...Bewildered!


So the big news from yesterday is that we've signed Ex Man Utd player Silvestre. There's a lot negativity surrounding the deal from supporters and a few positives. Let's take a look at them now.

The negatives: He's not that good, injury prone, has a light bulb shaped head, and head butted the great Freddie Ljungberg...I don't know his exact wages but they are probably too much for what he's worth.

The Positives: Decent cover, Experience winning the PL CL FA cup, Adds more depth to the squad, only cost 750k.

I'm going to have to go with the good old, "Wenger Knows" saying. As long as Silvestre is brought in just as cover for Clichy and to fill in if needed then I think the deal is fine. The transfer fee was minimal so we shouldn't really complain when most of us were calling for some experienced cover in the defence. Now that he is an Arsenal player we should give him the benefit of the doubt for now and give him a chance to prove his worth. Good luck to him...

Now I know some of you are still heated over this deal...so let me lighten to the mood with this Robin Van Persie goal from last night.


Hopefully we see more of that for Arsenal this year!

Netherlands ended up with a 1-1 draw in that game vs Russia. In other games of interest, I watched England draw Czech Republic 2-2. England were shite and some changes need to be made before the Croatia game. Some people may be interested in Xabi Alonso, so I should point out his 2 goals for Spain yesterday.

That's all for now, more tomorrow!

Oh yeah, I guess I should say that we may be seeing a new face at Arsenal very soon *wink wink*...Don't kill me if it doesn't happen, but I have a feeling Gokhan Inler will be joining us within the next few days!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is CRAZY!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow RVP's goal was amazin

Anonymous said...

i disagree..silv is exactly what we need. Gives us a versatile backline player who wont need time to settle and keeps everyone at the back speaking french. It gives clichy and toure/gallas some reliefe knowing that they'll get more rest and we wont need to call up sendroes! I'll take silv over him anyday!

Plus he got a 2year deal and he is over 30! that breaks arsene's own policy!

 
Red and White Cannon © 2010 | Site best viewed in Firefox or Safari | Disclaimer | Back to top