Daily News - Wilshere in first team squad, and Traore signs

Good morning all, a few bits of news to share with you today. Lets get started...

Armand Traore has signed a new long-term contract with the club. I'm not sure how many senior games he will play this year. It will be interesting to see where he slots in since he said he could play left midfield at the end of last year. It is unfortunate for him (but fortunate for the club) that Clichy is rarely injured, so he doesn't get much time at his natural position. So we will see how things stack up next year.

After some terrific displays this pre-season, Jack Wilshere has been named in the first team squad for the upcoming league term. He will take over Gilberto's number 19 shirt, and with the new 7-subs rule, hope for some run outs in the Premiership. I wish him good luck, and hope expectations aren't raised too high. We can't put too much pressure on a 16 year old who most of us had no idea about a month ago.

Robin Van Persie is looking to begin contract talks with the gunners again, after they were stopped for the Euros. He had some good things to say about his future:

“That is my intention always [to commit to the club]. I love this club, it is a great team and it is really nice to be in this team because everyone loves the game.

“Like me, I love to play lots of combination football, so I am in the right place, but you never know unfortunately.”

He is also looking forward to building a solid partnership with Adebayor this season. As long as he stays healthy for more than a couple of weeks I'll be happy. I do think they could be a top class pairing as they both bring something different to the team. Adebayor is a good target man, and can hold the ball up well, while Van Persie is incredibly creative...Not to mention his deadly free-kicks we dearly missed last season.

There are rumors flying around that we are interested in signing Real Madrid midfielder, Ruben de la Red. For £9.5m it wouldn't be a bad signing at all. I don't have much of an opinion on him though apart from what I saw of him in Euro 2008. Looks a promising player though and he has a name suitable for the gunners.

Thats all for now, enjoy the day and drop a comment if you wish!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the Wilshere kid. He has been outstanding these past few games. I wouldn't mind De la Red, but I would still prefer Barry or Alonso because of their premiership experience. Stay fit Van Persie! We need you this season!!

Anonymous said...

Doubt Wilshere will get much time this year...

Anonymous said...

Get Alonso!!! de la red isn't proven, he didn't even play for real madrid

 
Red and White Cannon © 2010 | Site best viewed in Firefox or Safari | Disclaimer | Back to top